Sunday, July 29, 2018

First Email


Padre, 

to answer your questions uno by uno, I am in the Edward Stevenson building also known as R2. I'm in room 415 on the fourth floor. My companion, Anziano De La Rosa is from mexico city and speaks very little English. I have no doubt that the Lord has a purpose for giving me Anziano De La Rosa as my companion in this group of 24 Anziani and Sorelli. He will be speaking the italiano language much faster than the rest of us and since the day I met him I knew that Italiano language be our meeting point. Him and I have been reading from Il Libro Di Mormon, and he corrects my pronunciation and then he reads from the book of Mormon and I correct his. I have much faith and respect for him because he has to learn not just uno, but due languages. (I apologize for the Italian but SYL is a thing I'm trying to incorporate at the moment) Last night we were interviewed by the district presidents, all three of them and they pulled us out tres at a time and interviewed us to see what concerns we had, expectations we had and just who we were. The president that interviewed me was one of the 12 Missionari that opened the Rome, Italio mission. He told me that when I was able to talk to my companion my Love for him would grow, I would get to experience his powerful testimony and that my understanding heart would love the people of Italia that much more as well. I miss the Familia, but it's not on my mind all day. I think about you in my prayers and at night while I scrive in my giornale. But after that, i forget myself and trust that Padre Celeste is watching out for you and the Familia and that Tempo will fly by so I will be able to communicate effectively and efficiently with the people of my missione. Also as for the Dear Elder account, basically I have beentold that if you write me an email, it gets printed out and I recieve it in my weekly mail. Also it lets you create care packages for me buy putting what you want me to have in them and then the MTC putting that in a box and giving it to me. I can recieve email anyday of the week and read it any day of the week, but am only allowed to send email on Friday. I Love you Padre, Ciao until next week.

Anziano Anderson 

PS. Anziano(i) is elder(s)
Sorello(i) is Sister(s)
Scrive is Write 
Giornale is Journal or newspaper.
Ciao is hello/goodbye

No comments:

Post a Comment