Friday, July 13, 2018

My Week


Papa,

     This week at the mtc has been rather turbulent. Not because of the food, or the people but because this whole week I’ve been haunted by the memories of the things I did that kept me from coming here in the first place. I know I’m worthy to serve and I know that those transgressions are behind me but there’s a part of me that keeps pestering me about what I’ve done, constantly reminding me. My president suggested a see a counselor, so I did. I have a follow up appointment this Monday and a doctor appointment in about 2 hours because I can’t seem to close my eyes at night without a flurry of those thoughts. I was prescribed medicine that helps combat insomnia and is supposed to allow me to get some sleep, and it works to a point.
     But I wanted to ask you your thoughts on what I should do. I was prompted to do so after reading my patriarchal blessing when it said to trust my parents and know that they love me. I trust you, I love you. I need your help. Aside from that, this week was rather fun because we got to mess with the efy kids. I’ll send a video later today about that. I found out we have an elder who is 26 serving in Milan Italy with us. I’m going to Rome as we know, but most of the missionaries are not. Also I never realized how appreciative I was of our laundry detergent until now when I’m forced to use tide. That’s the only option they have. It smells good, but that’s about it. I also found out that a dear elder account let’s you send me packages same day that you can either build on the website or buy a pre-made package. Helpful if you want to send me party supplies or water bottles and the like.
     I’m doing laundry right now and it’s quite the experience. I’m here in the middle of week three of six and I speak Italian well enough that I won’t go hungry, but not well enough to teach effectively. I’ve almost finished reading the Book of Mormon all the way through since I started last week, and I’ve made good friends with my companion because we are able to communicate a little better every day. He’s such a spiritual missionary with such power for good that I see why we were put together. I love you and hope to hear from you soon.

Anziano Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment