Tuesday, December 17, 2019

The week in Review


     Numbers:
Honestly I can't remember off the top of my head, but I have them written down in my journal. I just don't have access to that book at the moment. 

Monday: We went and visited some ceramic beds that are fairly close to the house and then we ate some food at a steakhouse wanna be by the mall all while I was on the hunt for a gift that as under five euro for a secret Santa that will take place on Tuesday. When I had eaten my food and acquired my gift, I came to the church and applied for some schools and just waited for people to wake up so that I could talk to them. A pretty succinct day. 

Tuesday: We had district council today so that way we could have it before I went to Rome that night for a technology conference that would be held on Wednesday. It was by far one of the most spiritual lessons I've ever given and there were very few dry eyes by the end of it. We exchanged gifts, and then piled into a bus so that we could go to a sushi place that was on the other side of town. 
     The sushi was nice, and towards the end of the meal the sorelle had to leave so that they could make it to an appointment on time. Well, we went to pay and literally nobody had brought cash along with them and the card reader was broken. So, happening to have just over  hundred euro that I had pulled that morning for no particular reason ended up buying the lunch for most of the district. I had just enough cash to get home in the coming days, and that in and of itself is a miracle that I cannot deny. 
     Shortly after the lunch, I packed a bag for the coming days and then we rushed ourselves to the airport. Upon arriving, I realized that I had forgotten my passport, but I had other forms of identification so I went and tried my luck. They let me on the plane and I made it to Rome without a passport, and was greeted by the assistants to the president who then took all of us to the villa where grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup was waiting for us. It was a great day. 

Wednesday: The whole day was just a five to six hour conference on how to make memes, invites and social awareness things on Facebook, and the effectiveness of finding on Facebook. There was food available and offered to us, and a nice night of grilled hamburgers and sausage at the villa where we once again spent the night. It was weird being in the villa when I know that I'll be heading home in the next six months, and sleeping in the same bed I had when I arrived here a year and a half ago. 

Thursday: I spent the day at the airport where I played Foosball against the national champion of Nigeria. I lost, but I got 5 points to his 10! So that's good for a first time if I say so myself. As soon as we landed in Sicilia (once again, no passport but I still made it through somehow) we went straight from Palermo to caltinisetta where we taught English course. The reasons for this are mostly due to government and legal registration requirements of Italy and the weird process of Permesso applications. But, I was in Caltinisetta with anziano Officer and Sabin for a night. 

Friday: We spent a good two hours driving home and then I spent a good chunk of the day applying to colleges and hopefully I'll get accepted into one or two of them when they have the time to send me the letters of acception or rejection. Other than that, it was arincina day here in Italy, and the filled, fried rice balls were all over the place for cheap! I ate well, if not a little unhealthy. 

Saturday: we spent a good portion of the day weekly planning and then cleaning up the house before going to the church to organize our area book and align ourselves on the same pages while also brainstorming different directions that we want the branch to go in the sense of parties and other activities for this coming year. 

Sunday: A day of carols and calls! we all went to bed with high nerves because we know that transfer calls are on Monday! I am staying here and I am receiving a new companion, named Anziano Taylor. If that name sounds familiar to you, it's because it is! But, the person that this name belongs to is not the same Taylor as before, so I will have served with both the Taylor's in the mission! Fun stuff! 

Photos to follow, I love you all! 

Anziano Anderson


Christmas decorations
Tech conference highlight
Nativity set at temple
Dog at the ceramic beds
The Taylor who isn't my companion
The view from the airport train ride home

Me eating too much sushi 









No comments:

Post a Comment