Monday, October 28, 2019

This is gonna be quick!


     Hello people!! 
This email will be quick and I'm just going to hit the most important points of the week and then leave you all with the time to enjoy your lives! 

Numbers: 
Pizza: 75
Gelati: 67
Books of Mormon: 100

Tuesday: This was a day of trial and error because we had a bunch of lessons planned, but we got bidones galore (Bidone is a term we use to tell other missionaries that our lessons were canceled on us) and we met with a super awesome African man who has been baptized twice and wants to know that our church is true before he starts to attend and then get baptized. He's been taught all the lessons, but he just wants to be absolutely sure because Africans hate being baptized more than once, and he's already been baptized twice, so we're being very thorough with him and so is he with us. 

Friday: I had pasta for breakfast because there is no such thing as milk and cereal in this house towards the end of the month, but pasta was tasty and totally worth it. My companion was called by our ward president and told to start writing a talk about conversion for this Sunday, and so he started on that for his personal study. We wandered around a huge market and we bought a few things for my companion to make some applesauce among other things. We had an awesome lesson with another African who wants to know why women can't hold the priesthood in our church, and so we read some talks with her and then shared the ''family:a proclamation to the world'' with her and just had a ball of a time answering her questions. 

Saturday: we had a few lessons and then I was pooped on by a bird for the first time in my mission today, and then I ripped a fatty hole in my pants when they snagged on a random nail in the wall in some backstreet alleyway. It was a fun week, we had a lot of fun teaching and then also just getting to know the  members in our area. 

Today: I wish I had more time to type but I went hiking today and I will send photos afterwards in another email. Thanks for the attention! In Italian we say "brevi ma intesi!" which means "short but intense" and so that's this email! ciao a tutti! 








No comments:

Post a Comment