Monday, September 9, 2019

Gypsies, Hospitals and Baptisms


I forgot to mention that we have a baptism this Saturday for someone that we've been teaching for a while now. Other than that, photos!

In no particular order :
- My companion watching me take a photo of him and my Mug
- This awesome sticker that'll drive you ocd people nuts
- 16 euro for a pound peanut butter
- my broken toe
- A salad from a lunch we had on Sunday with a member


On Mon, Sep 9, 2019, 11:58 Mayson Anderson <mayson.anderson@missionary.org> wrote:
This was one of the more packed weeks in the entirety of my mission. I've said that a few times in the start of my mission, but back then the bar was rather low. Nowadays it's a little harder for me to say stuff like that, but still possible! 

Pizzas: 65
Gelati: 53
Books of Mormon: 95

     Monday was the start of the title above, we were blessed with an experienced pick-pocketer that stole my companions phone from out of his pocket while we were on the bus from the front of our house to the church stop. That was an exciting start to the pday, and it was just the issue we dealt with all day before the phone stopped showing up on the computer while we were attempting to track it. That night ended with a storm and some awesome lightning shows. 

     Tuesday was a blast because we had district council, and immediately afterwards we went to a Chinese store so that we could buy some furnishings for the house, like an ice cube tray because ice isn't really a big thing here. However, we found rootbeer! Mug Rootbeer! it tasted a little different, but it's very cheap and frankly a welcome change of pace from the Fanta and Coca-Cola that dominate the shelves here. We were blessed with two new people off of the street for English course that night, and they were very fun. Our English course is steadily growing and I love the progress that the students are making in their language skills! 

     Wednesday was a day that was spent mostly just calling people from our paper area book to be in line with data privacy laws by the end of this coming week, and then recuperating a boatload of lost contacts from the phone and adding them into the replacement phone that we got from the mission office. Fun stuff! 

     Thursday I awoke to the smell of banana pancakes because one of the anziani was super awesome and decided to cook breakfast for the house. This was much appreciated because I love pancakes! aside from that, I went to the ER after breakfast because I fractured my toe a few days before but we were busy and I wanted to make sure the pain was more than just bruising. When the purple left, and the foot still hurt, I thought that a good indicator that maybe something was broken. I was correct, and I have officially broken a bone in my life. Although the story is this: I walked into the bathroom and stubbed my pinky toe on the corner of the bathtub in the dark. After a popping noise, I could feel my foot and it felt very not good. 
     After that, my companion sang at the visitors center at the temple grounds and made a few people cry because he's a very talented man and very good at singing. Also, the acoustics were amazing in the room where he performed so that might have something to do with it.

     Friday was the day of studies and weekly planning, and the day that we discovered just how much Italians care about their privacy. We are doing this thing where we collect Italian testimonies and then post them onto a mission wide Facebook page called (and feel free to like and share this page with all of your friends because we would love the publicity!!!!!) "Uno in Cristo" and nobody would allow us to take a photo of them, let alone a video. We had some fun conversations out of it though, and that was a blessing in and of itself. 

     That's all the fun stuff of this week! if you have any questions or comments, lemme know! 

Invite: "Like and share" the Uno in Cristo page on Facebook. Share it with all of your friends. Literally all of them. Do it!! Love you all, can't wait to see you soon! 








No comments:

Post a Comment