Monday, June 3, 2019

Transfers and some crunchy bread


Buongiorno tuttttiiiii!

The Stats, then the week! 

Pizza: 54
Gelati: 40(?) I don't have my journal with me so these numbers are a rough estimate...
Books of Mormon: 73

Alright! This will be short and sweet, as today we plan on going to Rome and just booling around.

     Last Monday was fun, we had some rain that day so most of our activities were inside, but there was plenty of time to call our families and then go to a members house for some dinner (which is always enchiladas, not that I'm complaining, because I love enchiladas) and we were given a mountain dew afterwards. Those don't exist here in Italy, so we drank them with gratitude.

     Tuesday was an experience as we were able to teach a piano course and then we taught English course with little time for lunch that whole day, so we just didn't eat until that night. It was fun though, and I would totally do it again! 

     Wednesday was a "train the trainers meeting" because anziano Inkley was told that he was going to train this coming transfer. That meant we needed to be up at five am and then at the table before 7:00. Because I'm not training, but instead just the companion of the trainer to be, I needed to awake at 5 am so I could sit outside of the meeting room for two hours. I took a nap /studied the language. After the meeting, Anziano Inkley had his hair cut, and I was asked by an old man who lives outside of our apartment and literally just watches pigeons all day (I've never seen him do anything else) to step on a piece of very crunchy bread that the birds he watched couldn't break through. It was an interesting experience and that's how the day went.

     Thursday is the day that I received Anziano Bellazetin as my new companion after waking up once again at 5 am to be at the right place at the right time. The man loves marvel, and can quote verbatim the whole infinity war movie. I'm keeping a list of the sky things he says and so far, after four days, I have acquired some of the weirdest words Strung together. It's a good time here.

     Friday was metro finding and some gelato. Not many notable things happened there, but we had a great experience with finding and there was a prepared family who readily exchanged numbers with us.

Its a grand old time here! Ciao for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment